Mail

The 5th Birthday Party, Come HeART with Me. Dallas, Child Photographer

February 18, 2011

I finally finished most of the edits from her party.  We invited 20 little girls to come to my studio for a Valentine themed art party.  They made a fantastic project – making hearts out of clay and then placing the clay on a canvas that they painted with pastels.  We then headed upstairs where we had snacks and cake.  It looked awesome.  Anica and I made most of the decorations, which turned out precious.  We made personalized aprons for all of the kids and personalized art kits for them to take home.  After the party, Annabelle informed me that it was the best “birthday day” of her life.  Pretty sweet girl!

annie5blog1annie5blog2annieparty5blog3anniebdayblog5anniebday5blog7annieblog8annieblog9

Dallas Children's Party, Catherine Clay Photography

Dallas Children's Party, Catherine Clay Photography

9 Responses to "The 5th Birthday Party, Come HeART with Me. Dallas, Child Photographer"

1. MelissaM said on Feb 20, 2011

This is the post I wait for all year long. Love, love, love everything. Annabelle is so precious and it looks like she had a ball. Now I can start planning our little 3 year old princess party in April with all this great inspiration. Thank you for posting!

2. Cheryle said on Mar 10, 2011

Just gorgeous! I saw this over on Erika’s Urban Grace blog and had to come over to see if you had a source or a tutorial for any of those amazing decorations! They are all beautiful, love the fonts, the papers, the patterns – the art kits are too cute! But I adore those large hanging paper pom-poms the most of all… did you make those? How?! Where?! :) Love it all. *PS, I love your blouse in the last pic too. lol I am on official awesome overload over here. :) Thanks!

3. Brooke said on Mar 10, 2011

You are very talented and loved your party! If you don’t mind sharing, how did you make the birthday hats. Darling!

4. lesli garrison said on Mar 11, 2011

Loved the 5th birthday party-can’t wait to give it a try for one of my granchildren! Would you share your resources for the pennant flags and the papers wrapped around the jars, apron and art kits…anything would be most helpful. Thanks so much for your beautiful photography—wish we lived closer! Have a great day.
    Sincerely, Lesli

5. Susan Liberatore said on Mar 14, 2011

Hi Catherine,

Your pics make me wish I lived in Dallas so you could take some shots of our newest darling who turns one next week! Boo.

Would you (or have you)shared your tips for making the cutie pie birthday hats from your sweet Annabelle’s 5th bd party? They would be a fab addition to our event this weekend…

Kind regards,

S.

6. cristin @ simplified bee said on Mar 14, 2011

Oh how darling! Did you make the paper hats and bunting? If not, where did you purchase them?

xo,
    cristin

7. Sarah said on Mar 16, 2011

I just love love love this! So inspiring! Where did you get the paper from for the pennant banner?? I’ve been looking all over for card stock like that!

8. Kathy Clark said on Mar 18, 2011

What a beautiful party! My daughter’s 6th birthday party is coming up and she’s having a “Rainbow Art Party”. So fun! Could you share what you included in the Art Kits?
    Kathy

9. Jenn Roberts said on Mar 20, 2011

Hi! I’m new to your beautiful photography & found you over at Urban Grace:). Sweetest, most inspiring birthday party I have ever seen. Simply mesmerizing. I wanted to know where you bought the top (or dress) you’re wearing at the party. I love the fabric mix & mod style. So adorable, yet stylish & different! Thank you fo sharing!